Thursday, March 21, 2013

Teenage LUV bubble


There is the phenomenon that I'm calling the "Teenage LUV bubble". Now it can happen to folks who aren't teenagers, but not as often. It's this whole sensation that the only two people in the world that exist are you and your girlfriend/boyfriend. It is such a strong sensation that it causes the ones in the bubble to be rude to others because they don't want the presence of another person to burst the bubble. Now I was never a fan of teen couples when I was a teenager. But I recently discovered that being older doesn't make them any more palatable. In fact, they might be even MORE annoying... if that's possible.


Could you deny this pup a pet?

Today I was walking a really sweet Australian Shepherd puppy named Molly when I came upon the first Teenage LUV Bubble I've been near in a while. It was a boy and a girl holding hands. They were walking and talking softly, enjoying the day. They smiled at the sun and each other and just looked blissful. As they approached the pup and I, I said hi. I don't expect everyone to be as polite as I am, but the boy physically recoiled while the girl lowered her head. She then saw the pup and made a move like she wanted to pet Miss Molly, but the boy gave her a look. She then gazed lovingly at him and he gazed lovingly at her and they hurried away. Molly, being super social, was bereft!





No comments:

Post a Comment