Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Roller Skating!

The other day my friends talked me into going rollerskating. It's been YEARS since I've been skating. But when I was a kid, I used to roller skate all the time. I remembered how fun it was. 
At first, I was a bit wobbly. I began thinking it was a really bad idea, especially after a day of walking 10 different dogs, but then I got my "rink legs" and my body started remember how it was done. I started to pick up speed. I watched the really good skaters, the ones not in rental skates, and tried out a few of the things they were doing. I could do a few things; it was exciting! My friends were sitting off to the side, so I slowed down, aimed myself, maneuvered around a few people and ran right into a wall then fell back on my butt. Graceful, that is me!  




No comments:

Post a Comment