Monday, March 18, 2013

Inappropriate?

When I was in about fourth or fifth grade, I had a Sunday School teacher tell the class a joke. It was terrible and nobody laughed, but it stuck with me and I will find myself thinking about it and what it means at random times. I still have no idea why she told the joke. But here it is!

There was a man who was in love with two women. One was beautiful but had nothing else going for her. The other one was a a good woman and a beautiful singer, but not very attractive. After dating both women for several months, he decided he needed to get married and had to choose between the two women.

He chose the woman who sang so well.

One evening, after they'd been married for a few years, he was sitting on the couch with her watching a show. She had been knitting but had fallen asleep. He looked over at her. She was so ugly! He thought about the beautiful woman and how, if she had fallen asleep in the same way, he would be ever so please to sit and look at her for hours. After a few minutes, he poked her in the ribs until she woke up.

"Sing something!"

No comments:

Post a Comment